|David Brown's Wildlife Services
12 Hotel Road
Warwick, MA 01378
Tel: 978 544 8175
Tracker-naturalist David Brown provides several services focused on New
- Interpretive programs, including animal tracking and bird programs
- Wildlife inventories, including both mammal tracking and bird surveys
- Docent training for interpretive walk leaders
- Wildlife education planning for organizations
- Encounters presents animal tracking and other wildlife experiences from
David Brown's journal, species profiles, mammal tracking tips and tracking
- Services presents information for prospective program sponsors as well
as information about mammal tracking and bird inventories, docent training
and wildlife education planning.
- About presents a bio and background on David Brown.
websites that contain good information about animal tracking.
- Resources provides reviews and recommendations for books and
This site was last updated on July 13. It is frequently modified with new
programs and information on animal tracking, bird life and other wildlife materials.
Thank you for visiting and check back again.
Calendar of programs - Spring-Summer 2015
(Additional programs will be added as they are scheduled; For more information, see
the Quabbin Trails page or the Sponsored Programs page.)
Sunday, August 16, 10am-3pm: Quabbin Tracking. See the Quabbin Trails page for
Unless otherwise credited, all images on this site are the property of David W.
Brown and carry either an inherent or registered copyright.
Trackards for North American Mammals
The Companion Guide to Trackards for North American
by David Brown
Please see the products page.
Obscure bear trail on muddy sand. Photo David Brown
On snow the trails of animals are
usually quite obvious. In the non-snow
seasons the tracker is obliged to
concentrate to distinguish a trail from a
confusing and varied background. This
trail on the shore of Quabbin Reservoir
is an example. The random
indentations in the mud conceal the 2X
trail of a black bear hiding in plain sight.
Come join us on a summer tracking
adventure in search of the track, trails
and other sign of the many wild
animals that make Quabbin their home.